Knabe #141: Assembly

Running behind on getting to this point but it’s finally here.  The hardware is polishing out quite nicely.

image

image

image

Finally finished with the hardware polishing. Of all the steps in piano restoration I probably like this least. It’s dirty, dusty, and detailed oriented, and it gets quite hot in those gloves as you buff those brass hinges and other hardware. The upside is you know that the project is coming to a close and you get to witness the transformation of an antique instrument.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

2 thoughts

    1. I used a black tinted sanding sealer from Gemini coatings. Over the sealer I used M.L. Campbell semi-gloss clear. I have some more pictures of it fully assembled and will post them soon. Thanks for the comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s