So here we go on the soundboard. There are a few pictures in the other Meister posts. I decided to go ahead and remove the bass bridge since it was attached very loosely. I also decided to use soundboard buttons to repair this board. They will hold tightly and allow me to move on to other repairs.
So I ended up deciding against the buttons. I think it will look a lot cleaner using my standard technique.
I will let this sit overnight and remove the screws and washers tomorrow. One new thing I noticed is that there are a lot of bridge pins loose. So I will pull them and use some West System glue to get them in place. This will help with tuning stability problems along with getting this base bridge mounted back down like it should be.
After examining this bass bridge a little more I noticed it was warped upward at the ends. This is something else that can have a bearing on tuning stability as the warping continues overtime if not glued back down. So I glued it.
I have reinstalled the bass bridge. Also I have pulled the screws from the bridges so the soundboard is down glued tight so the customer will not have any issues there. No I am turning to the bridge pins while the filler dries in the holes left by the screws.
I am punching the plate busings out in order to clean, sand and spray the gold on the plate.
I have finished reworking the plate and now I am putting the black lettering back on.
The soundboard is also now complete.
Now I’m installing the new plate bushings. All that’s left for the plate and soundboard work after this is polishing the plate bolts, nuts, and screws then applying the new graphite to the soundboard bridges. Then on to restringing.
Restringing is now underway.