Steinway XR – Atlanta #153 (Sealer)

image

I lost a couple days trying to overcome a bad polish contamination on this piano.  I noticed it when stripping and sanding.  I eventually had to use shellac to block out the polish someone used to polish this piano.  Whomever refinished this piano previously had the same issue but didn’t address it so the finish had fisheye craters all over it (sorry I didn’t take pictures, see below for a pic of fisheye on an oak piece).  However when I  finish this it will not have these craters.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s