Got this project in from a customer that wanted only a portion of his piano’s finish addressed. I get quite a few jobs like this but I usually don’t post them.
This piano looks to have had moisture issues to cause the paint to lift. So I will redo the finish to make look new again.
I will be refinishing the lid, bench, and music rack.
After stripping the finish off I discovered that these pieces have a particleboard core. This is not good.
This is actually the reason for the paint lifting that I noticed in the pieces pictures above. I will need to talk with the customer and alert them of the fact that this lifting will come back as the particleboard core degrades over time.
The customer decided to have us make a new lid for it so Mike is cutting it out.